Thursday, June 25, 2009

Booked To Die

I was supposed to be reading this really long critically acclaimed deep dense novel, and I have gotten 300 pages into the 90o+, but I was on vacation and I was tired of reading for 3 hours and only covering 50 pages, so I switched to Booked to Die, a mystery involving a cop turned book dealer. And boy was I better for it.

A cop turned book dealer you say? Crazy, huh. But I found it believable and the book dealer stuff was really interesting. I can't say that I 100% bought the resolution of the prime mystery, but still it was an enjoyable vacation read and I intend to pick up the next in the series when I head to the beach in August. In the meantime, I've got to finish the other pulp book I used to avoid the deep novel and get back to the deep novel. Really. I have to. I'm a finisher.

No comments: