Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Murder Room


This is our second book club pick. I hope it doesn't kill the club.

This is the true story of a group of professionals from the ranks of profilers, forensic experts, and basic police work dedicated to looking into cold cases in the hopes of achieving justice for forgotten victims and their families. In a way it's CSI in written form bebopping from case to case and mostly focused on the three men who are the "founders" of the group. It was hard to get through the first part of this book which introduced us to our three protagonists pre-group. The writing was inconsistent, often gruesome, repetitive and about 200 pages too long.

I guess if I needed help solving a murder I would consider seeking out these people, but other than that I don't want to spend any more time with them.

No comments: