Monday, April 18, 2011

The Traitor's Wife


This is the first historical fiction I've read in a while, and I really enjoyed it. Set in the reigns of England's Edward I, Edward II, and Edward III, the story centers on the granddaughter of Edward I married to the son of a courtier who rises under the reign of the second Edward only to overreach himself and later fall. All the characters male and female alike are well rounded, and the period of history is one I'm less familiar with, but enjoyed, especially having been to Scotland and learning more about Robert the Bruce. I'm not sure I want to continue on with the sequel, but maybe I'll come back to it later. The fact that these characters were all real and that the author did lots of research for setting her story made me enjoy the book all the more.

No comments: