Friday, August 14, 2009

Fishbowl


So at the beach I ran out of reading material that I had brought, and I didn't want to go to the bookstore all greasy, so I ransacked the condo looking for something that would keep me going, and the first thing I found was Fishbowl. That little red dress on the top of the cover let me know exactly what I was getting into, chick lit through and through, but overall I enjoyed it.

The author tells the story of three 20-something Toronto "roomies" by alternating through the various roommates, switching POV with each chapter, and even resorting at times to omniscient narrator to cover all three at once. It does make me wonder which of the three is most closely the author herself. I'm guessing Jodine with a dash of Allie. While not the greatest book I ever read, the author does a fine job of keeping me entertained on the beach.

No comments: