Friday, July 11, 2008

Killing Floor



I read this because my husband has read all of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. He said I might like them too. He was wrong.

For what it was, a crime genre novel, it was fine. The book won a ton of awards. But I don't really like crime fiction. I'd figured out who the 10th man was 150 or more pages before it was revealed. I found the relationship between Reacher and the female cop unrealistic and too convenient. And I couldn't get past small details like the fact that the book was set in Georgia in September (not far from where I grew up) and he never mentions football and thinks that it actually feels fall-like in Georgia in September. Get real.

I checked the second Reacher novel out of the library at the same time, but I'll be returning it unread.

No comments: