Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Manny

I don't know where I first heard of this book or why I thought I wanted to read it.  I think I must have thought given the title and the cover that this would be fun, harmless Chick Lit.  Entertaining, amusing, another Nanny Diaries type book.  But boy was I wrong.

Save yourself and never, ever pick up this book.  It is not funny.  The writing is terrible.  The plot is hackneyed and beyond predictable.  If you want a fun look at New York's Upper East Side watch some Gossip Girl or pick up any of Meg Cabot's books set there.  But for my Type A, must finish what I start personality, I would have and should have put this book down well before hitting its 351 page end.   Allegedly Ms. Peterson is writing another novel.  It will not be on my To Read list.

No comments: